Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
A tip for online sellers who order from China… Know when their holidays are and how long they last.
Chinese, just like us have several holidays, but instead of lasting 1 day, they have holidays that last up to a few weeks!
- Chinese New Year celebrations, also known as the Spring Festival, in China start on the 23rd day of the 12th lunar month of the Chinese calendar. The festival lasts for about 23 days, ending on the 15th day of the first lunar month in the following year in the Chinese calendar
- Qingming Festival of 2018 falls on April 5. People sweep ancestors’ tombs on the day. The holiday from April 5 to 7, 2018 is also a great time for a spring outing.
- Dragon Boat Festival 2018 falls on June 18 (Monday). The holiday in China starts from June 16 to 18, 2018. Dragon Boat Festival, also called Duanwu or Tuen Ng Festival, is a traditional holiday observed annually over 2,000 years in China to commemorate Qu Yuan (340-278 BC), an ancient Chinese patriotic poet. Originated from south China, Dragon Boat Festival enjoys higher popularity in southern areas, such as Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Guangdong and Fujian Provinces
- Falling on the 15th day of the 8th month according to the Chinese lunar calendar, the Mid-Autumn Festival is the second grandest festival in China after the Chinese New Year. It takes its name from the fact that it is always celebrated in the middle of the autumn season. The day is also known as the Moon Festival, as at that time of the year the moon is at its roundest and brightest
- Chinese National Day is celebrated on October 1st every year to commemorate the founding of People’s Republic of China. On that day, lots of large-scaled activities are held nationwide. Besides, the 7-day holiday from Oct. 1st to 7th is called “Golden Week”, during which more and more Chinese people go traveling around the country
Always make sure to place your order accounting with these breaks, so you dont run out of stock for too long
Quin Amorim, Host of Amazon FBA Selling Online Podcast