Update from Amazon’s Main Image on Listing #160
Message from Amazon
“Thank you for selling on Amazon. Your success is important to us, and we are working continuously to identify opportunities to improve both the selling and buying experience.
Images that meet our Image Guidelines improve the customer experience. To ensure the best possible customer experience, Amazon will hide (suppress) listings that do not meet our main image requirements.
By September 2018, you may see items suppressed due to the following defects in the main image:
– Blurry or pixelated image or image with jagged edges
– Image with any text, logo, graphic, or watermarks shown
– Multiple product views or colors or sizes are shown in image
– Product on model
– Product occupies less than 85% of the frame
Follow these steps to address main image issues, which may lead to search suppression of your ASINs:
1. Go to Inventory > Inventory Reports.
2. Select the “Listing Quality and Suppressed Listing Report”: https://sellercentral.amazon.ca/listing/reports.
3. Click the “Request Report” button.
4. Download the report and review the issues with the Field Name = Main Image URL
5. To correct a problem, upload a new main image that meets Amazon’s image requirements:
– Image that is not blurry or pixelated and doesn’t have jagged edges
– Image that doesn’t show any text, logos, graphics, or watermarks but shows only a real product photo
– Image that shows only one (front) product view (and one color/size), except if several items are sold together as a multi-pack, which must be mentioned in the title
– Image with product shot flat without a model
– Image where product occupies 85% of the frame
Note: After you upload the correct main image, expect a 2-day delay to reinstate any suppressed ASIN.
To learn more about suppressed listings, refer to the following Help page:
Thank you for your efforts to improve the customer experience on Amazon.